Thank you for your interest in selling with MIAS Market. The platform allows you – quality, sustainable craftspeople – to sell your unique products directly to buyers.
Please read through our vendor admission guidelines below, before you apply for an account.
Feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application and looking through your products!
Click here to read our admission guidelines before registering
To be considered for MIAS Market, you need to consider your products’ commitment to environmental sustainability, ethics and presentation.
Please understand that we have strict criteria for admission and that we can not accept all vendors who apply. The decision is based upon MIAS Market admission criteria and how the MIAS Market staff see the product fits.
- Products must be made from EITHER sustainable fibres, up-cycled materials, or naturally occurring materials.
- All products must be handmade in Australia. Products must be manufactured by Australian hands, in Australia. The majority (if not, the major portions) of every product must be put together in Australia.
- professional-style product images
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN BRANDS
– Professional images
– Cohesive online presence (if on other platforms)
– High quality products
– commitment to customer service
We aim for a cohesive collection of products that go together and reflect a similar style. This means our visitors build trust in both MIAS Market and the vendors. Our customers will know what to expect when experiencing MIAS Market. Elegant, earthy, soft and natural are a few words we would use to describe the style of MIAS Market products.
Items we do NOT accept:
– Pre-made items which have only been printed in Australia.
– Products designed in Australia and made overseas
– products made predominantly from man made materials, such as:
- polymer clay jewellery
- jewellery put together from pre-made beads/pieces, where the parts are made outside of Australia
- non-organic soy, or paraffin candles held in non-handmade containers
- essential oils sourced from overseas
- bags or home wares which have been sewn overseas and just printed in Australia
- Items sewn from non-environmentally friendly fibres including non-organic cotton.
- and so on…
– Items intended for single use purposes. MIAS Market encourages multiple use, reusable items to minimise environmental impact.
Products we discourage and are likely not to accept:
– Products with excessive packaging made from plastic, or non-sustainable packaging such as plastic bags.
– products made under non-ethical working conditions
– Products listed without an explanation or a story suggestive of how it reflects the MIAS Market mission/ethics.
We understand that not all materials are available in Australia and sometimes materials are sourced from outside of Australia. In this case, the materials must come from sustainable, renewable, or natural sources. However, preference will be given to any Australian sourced materials. We believe it is still great when our makers provide an alternative to products made from non-sustainable materials.
THINGS WE LOVE:
– organic natural fibres such as linen, hemp, bamboo, etc.
– up-cycled materials which are saved from landfill. We like up-cycled yarns, repurposed clothing and recycled metals, timber etc.)
– Items that replace disposable products (no more plastic wrap, paper towels, baby wipes, etc.)
– MIAS Market really loves products and brands that are presented beautifully online. We really love brilliant customer service, too. Presentation and customer service form a huge part of small business success. Do yourself a favour and only submit professional style photographs and well written descriptions and always respond to customers and interact with the public in a professional, caring manner. These are essential to your small businesses success.
MIAS Market really looks forward to receiving you application and to exploring your product range!
You can expect to hear from us within 24 hours.
Yay! Thank you 🙂
Vendor Registration Form
Submit the form below to become a vendor on this store.